- University of Auckland, Robotics Lab, Visiting Researcher. HoD Bruce McDonald
- University of Canterbury, Ph.D. in Human Interface Technology. 10/2012- 6/2016.
- Osaka University, Intelligent Robotics Lab, HoD Dr. Hiroshi Ishiguro. 4/11-7/11
- National Autonomous University of Mexico, Ms.D. Industrial Design, 8/09–1/12
- National Polytechnic Institute, Diploma Teacher Training. 01/05-08/05
- National Polytechnic Institute. Bionics Engineering. Third of the class. 8/98–11/04
- Metropolitan Autonomous University, Industrial Design 02/01-11/02
- National Polytechnic Institute, Technician in Telecommunications. 8/95-7/98
Reviews, Chairing, Conferences, and Workshops
I have been reviewer of about 11 full papers and Late Breaking Reports in conferences like: HRI’16 , ICSR’15 , HAI-14, DIS’16 (Designing for interactive systems), and IDC’16 (Interaction design for children) and Journal such as Journal of Sensors and Actuators. I have attended conferences, seminars and workshops like:
- 25th Int. Conf. of Human Robot Interactive Communication (RO-Man), NY, 2016.
- 11th International Conference of Human-Robot Interaction, Christchurch, NZ, 2016.
- International Conference of Social Robotics 2014, Sydney Australia, 2014.
- OzCHI, Christchurch, 2013.
- 7th International Conference of Human-Robot Interaction, Boston MA, USA, 2012.
- 4th International Symposium of Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, and Robotics, Osaka University, Japan, 2011.
- 5th International Conference of Human-Robot Interaction, Osaka, Japan, 2010.
- BETT 2010, Powering learning, London, UK, January 2011.
- XLV ICSID Inter-design Monterrey, Design Avenue a path of meaningful innovation. October, Monterrey, México, 2009.
- ICMI- MLMI 11th International Conference on Multimodal Interface Machine Learning for Multimodal Interaction, Cambridge, USA, 2009.
- CICLing 2007, 8th Internacional Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics, Febrero, 2007.
- XXVIII National Conference in Biomedical Engineering, Acapulco, Guerrero, México, November 2005.
- UNAM-PDI, Organiser of the poster session of applicants, 2010, 2011, 2012. (photos)
- UNAM-PDI, 1st International Seminar of Human-robot Interaction, Mexico city, 2011. (photos, organiser).
ALT HRI Reviews –
HRI, HAI, CHI, TEI, OzCHI Reviews –
- HRI 2018 LBR – 4 Papers
- HRI 2019 Late-Breaking Reports – 2 Papers
- HAI 2019 Papers
- HRI 2020 Full Papers – 3 Papers
- HRI 2018 Full Papers
- HRI 2018 Alt.HRI
- HRI 2018 Tutorials and Workshops
- HAI 2019 Papers – 7 papers | Programme committee member
- CHI 2020 Papers – 1 paper
- TEI 2020 Arts
- HRI 2020 Late-Breaking Reports
- HAI 2020 Papers
- HAI 2020 Poster Papers
- OzCHI 2020 Papers and Late-Breaking Work
- HRI 2021 Full Papers
- HRI 2021 alt.HRI
- HRI 2021 Late Breaking Reports
- HAI 2021 Papers
- Quiver app, Spanish translator of the app for some sections, 2015.
- University of Canterbury, Computer Science Department, Robot animator for teaching videos, 2013.
- Robotics GRE. Product & Research Manager, We were the first company distributing social robots in Latin America, 2011-2012.
- IISA Mexico, Sales Engineer, Sales of GE Medical Equipment, 2008.
- Johnson and Johnson Mexico, Supervisor of endoscopic surgery, 2007-2008.
- Starmedica Hospitals, Biomedical Engineer. Maintenance and operation of Biomedical Equipment, 2007.
Bielfeld University, CITEC, Postdoctoral Researcher, January 2017- October 2017.
Auckland University of Technology, Colab, Social Robotics Methods, 21th Sept, 2016.
Auckland University of Technology, Colab, How to Program the NAO robots, April 2016.
University of Canterbury, Human Interface Technology Lab NZ, I have taught:
- How to Program the NAO robots, 2013, 2014, 2015.
- Tutor in the Design Thinking lecture, 2013
- Robot Puppetry , 2013.
National Autonomous University of México, Graduate Program in Industrial Design.
- Research´s Methods, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research, 2011.
- Statistics for Designers, 2010.
I am still Accredited tutor for Master’s students. No students at the moment.
Also I was:
- Organiser of the first poster sessions for applicants to the graduate program and part of the admission committee in 2010, 2011.
- Organiser of the 1st International Seminar of Human Robot Interaction, (2011),
- Funding member of the HRI Lab in PDI-UNAM. The first Lab completely dedicated to study the Human Robot Interaction in the region (2012).
National Polytechnic Institute, Professional Interdisciplinary School of Biotechnology, (2007 and 2009). I was Lecturer in:
- Biotechnology and Society, 2009.
- Hospital Management, 2009/2007.
- Control and Instruments, 2007.
- Laboratory of Electronics II, 2007.
National Polytechnic Institute, CECYT No. 9. “Juan de Dios Batiz Paredes”Programming Department and Digital Systems Department lecturer, 2008-2009:
- Web Security
- Test Engineering
- Information Technologies Lab III, IV and V (assistant)
- Management in Electronics companies
- Analogic Electronics
- Digital Circuits
- I was reviewer of 6 technical thesis
This High School was assessed as the Best High School in the country in 2008 and 2009 for the Ministry of Education of Mexico. My teacher performance was evaluated since 8.82 to 9.91 of 10 points.
National Polytechnic Institute, Professional Interdisciplinary School of Engineering and Advanced Technologies, Staff Engineer, 2005-2007.
- Bioelectronics and Biomechanics laboratories.
- I designed the first website of Bionic Engineering in Mexico. They delete it in 2009.
I used to be teacher in private centres of the National Adults Education System (INEA) when I was a college student and after my graduation (2000-2006). I taught about 18 different subjects like Mathematics (Logic- Calculus), English, Art History and History of Mexico. It was a really meaningful experience because I was very young and it made me realise my vocation for research and education.
Osaka University, Synchy robots used as a third-language teacher, 2011 (thesis)
- Inmigration Centre Christchurch, I have given talks about Digital skills for business, 2014/2015.
- IPENZ, Future in Tech ambassador, 2014-2016.
- Student´s represent in the HITLab NZ, 2013-2014.
- Red Global de Mexicanos, Public relationships, 2013/2015.
- TEDx Christchurch, Volunteer, 2013-2015.
- Over 40 Demos and presentations of Human-Robot interaction since 2012.
- Funder of the UC Spanish club.
- Canterbury-Westland Schools, Science &Technology Fair, 2012, NZ.
- Lego Annual Brick Show 2012, Christchurch, NZ.
- Trainer in a summer course in Universum Museum, UNAM 2010.
- Support to Communality Libraries IBBY- México UAM. 2002.
- 2015: Science video communication by Science Media Centre,
- 2014: PhD Research Innovation and Commercialisation, University of Auckland Business School
- 2013: Scientific writing, (Stanford online), Statistics One and Design Thinking (Coursera)
- Finalist Mathematics Internal Contest Level I, CECyT 11. 1996.
- 2nd Best Elementary student in the region of Tlalnepantla, 1992.
- 1st place “Así es mi estado” writing contest in the region of Tlalnepantla, 1992.
- Design Robot Contest, International Conference of Social Robotics 2010. “Poko. The pet.” Robot to assist and accompany children who have working parents and stay alone long time. Singapore, 2010, Participant.
- Ironwork´s contest, Eisenkraft, Mexico, 2010, Participant.
- Prototypes contest IPN, 1996-1997, Participant.
- Contest “El Niño y la mar”, 1992, Participant.
I am member of the Royal Society of New Zealand, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the Association for Computing Machinery. Locally I am meber of the UC Posgraduate Students Association, UC Spanish club (founder) and Jürgen and me started the Meetup Robotics Christchurch.