- University of Auckland, Robotics Lab, Visiting Researcher. HoD Bruce McDonald
- University of Canterbury, Ph.D. in Human Interface Technology. 10/2012- 6/2016.
- Osaka University, Intelligent Robotics Lab, HoD Dr. Hiroshi Ishiguro. 4/11-7/11
- National Autonomous University of Mexico, Ms.D. Industrial Design, 8/09–1/12
- National Polytechnic Institute, Diploma Teacher Training. 01/05-08/05
- National Polytechnic Institute. Bionics Engineering. Third of the class. 8/98–11/04
- Metropolitan Autonomous University, Industrial Design 02/01-11/02
- National Polytechnic Institute, Technician in Telecommunications. 8/95-7/98
- Quiver app, Spanish translator of the app for some sections, 2015.
- University of Canterbury, Computer Science Department, Robot animator for teaching videos, 2013.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Robotics GRE. Product & Research Manager, We were the first company distributing social robots in Latin America, 2011-2012.
- IISA Mexico, Sales Engineer, Sales of GE Medical Equipment, 2008.
- Johnson and Johnson Mexico, Supervisor of endoscopic surgery, 2007-2008.
- Starmedica Hospitals, Biomedical Engineer. Maintenance and operation of Biomedical Equipment, 2007.
Reviewer, conferences, and workshops
I have been reviewer of about 11 full papers and Late Breaking Reports in conferences like: HRI’16 , ICSR’15 , HAI-14, DIS’16 (Designing for interactive systems), and IDC’16 (Interaction design for children) and Journal such as Journal of Sensors and Actuators. I have attended conferences, seminars and workshops like:
- 25th Int. Conf. of Human Robot Interactive Communication (RO-Man), NY, 2016.
- 11th International Conference of Human-Robot Interaction, Christchurch, NZ, 2016.
- International Conference of Social Robotics 2014, Sydney Australia, 2014.
- OzCHI, Christchurch, 2013.
- 7th International Conference of Human-Robot Interaction, Boston MA, USA, 2012.
- 4th International Symposium of Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, and Robotics, Osaka University, Japan, 2011.
- 5th International Conference of Human-Robot Interaction, Osaka, Japan, 2010.
- BETT 2010, Powering learning, London, UK, January 2011.
- XLV ICSID Inter-design Monterrey, Design Avenue a path of meaningful innovation. October, Monterrey, México, 2009.
- ICMI- MLMI 11th International Conference on Multimodal Interface Machine Learning for Multimodal Interaction, Cambridge, USA, 2009.
- CICLing 2007, 8th Internacional Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics, Febrero, 2007.
- XXVIII National Conference in Biomedical Engineering, Acapulco, Guerrero, México, November 2005.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Inmigration Centre Christchurch, I have given talks about Digital skills for business, 2014/2015.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️ IPENZ, Future in Tech ambassador, 2014-2016.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Student´s represent in the HITLab NZ, 2013-2014.
- Red Global de Mexicanos, Public relationships, 2013/2015.
- TEDx Christchurch, Volunteer, 2013-2015.
- Over 40 Demos and presentations of Human-Robot interaction since 2012.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Funder of the UC Spanish club.
- Canterbury-Westland Schools, Science &Technology Fair, 2012, NZ.
- Lego Annual Brick Show 2012, Christchurch, NZ.
- Trainer in a summer course in Universum Museum, UNAM 2010.
- Support to Communality Libraries IBBY- México UAM. 2002.
- 2015: Science video communication by Science Media Centre,
- 2014: PhD Research Innovation and Commercialisation, University of Auckland Business School
- 2013: Scientific writing, (Stanford online), Statistics One and Design Thinking (Coursera)
- Finalist Mathematics Internal Contest Level I, CECyT 11. 1996.
- 2nd Best Elementary student in the region of Tlalnepantla, 1992.
- 1st place “Así es mi estado” writing contest in the region of Tlalnepantla, 1992.
- Design Robot Contest, International Conference of Social Robotics 2010. “Poko. The pet.” Robot to assist and accompany children who have working parents and stay alone long time. Singapore, 2010, Participant.
- Ironwork´s contest, Eisenkraft, Mexico, 2010, Participant.
- Prototypes contest IPN, 1996-1997, Participant.
- Contest “El Niño y la mar”, 1992, Participant.
I am member of the Royal Society of New Zealand, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the Association for Computing Machinery. Locally I am meber of the UC Posgraduate Students Association, UC Spanish club (founder) and Jürgen and me started the Meetup Robotics Christchurch.